This Policy describes the information we collect from you and how we use that information in the process of providing this website, services, information, tools, functionality, updates and similar materials (collectively, the “Services”). It applies to any of the Services that Digital Mosaic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates provide. By using the Services, you hereby consent to allow us to process information in accordance with this Policy.
Protecting your information – and being transparent about the ways we use it – is one of the central commitments we make to you. Our users entrust us with information and we take our responsibility to protect that trust very seriously.
What We Collect
When you create an account on DM and use our Services, we need to collect and process some information, which may include:
- Personal Information you provide by completing forms and generally interacting with the Services– which may include your name, email, address, telephone number, tax ID number, country of residence, login, password details as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing. We may ask for this information if you register or interact as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, make an investment, upload or submit material through DM, or request any information or services.
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services. At this time we are not collecting payment directly, but in the event we do, we will use a third party payment processor. All payment information submitted would be collected and used by our payment processors in accordance with their privacy policies. DM would not store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your account, expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes.
- Anonymous Information about your activity on and interaction with DM. This information is collected when you use the Services, including but not limited to enrollment history, the type of device you used and its operating system, the browser you use, the pages accessed most frequently, how pages are used, search terms entered, and similar data on your actions on the site.
- Automatically Tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses is one method of automatically collecting information about your activities online and information volunteered by you. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device whenever you surf the internet. Further, the Services may utilize web beacons, pixel tags, cookies, embedded links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools.
- Although it may be possible to turn off the collection of cookies through your device, that may interfere with your use of the Services.
- Communications you send us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, report a problem).
- Information that you submit to DM in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
How We Use This Information
We accept and gather this information in an effort to provide the Services to you.
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure.
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve, promote, and protect our Services.
- To fulfill your requests.
- To set up and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on DM (for example, to show you offerings we think may interest you based on your previous use).
- To track the use of the Services so that we can improve DM.
You hereby consent to allow us to gather information for purposes permitted by law. We may use the information gathered for any business purpose.
How This Information is Shared
Information Shared Publicly
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on DM, containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of project you have backed or launched. Whenever your account name appears on DM, people can click your account name to see your profile.
Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on the DM website:
- The account name and the date it was created
- Any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location)
- Projects you’ve backed (but not pledge amounts or rewards chosen)
- Projects you’ve launched
- Any comments you’ve posted
All users are asked to verify their identities before gaining access to DM. For Sponsors, the Verified Name will be publicly displayed on their account profile and on any projects they launch.
Information that Is Not Shared Publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number; and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
- We never post anything to your LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. We do not and will not sell your data.
Information that Is Shared with Trusted Third-Party Services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party associates and service providers to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect DM’s services (like when we use services that help us manage our ads on other sites). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of DM Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes that we’ve authorized.
We may share you information with business consultants, service providers, advisors and affiliates in order for them to provide services to us, to you, and to enable to provide the Services. For example, our host and internet service provider may have access to this information. We may also share this formation for marketing and analytics purposes as permitted by law. The use of information by third-parties will be governed by their own policies, and may be broader than the uses outlined in this Policy.
Information that’s Shared with Sponsors
When you back a project or offering, the offering’s creator will know your account name, your email address and the amount you have pledged. Once a project is successfully funded, the Sponsor will contact you directly to set up payment and may send you a form requesting more information.
Sponsors may also receive anonymized information about the ways people visit and interact with their project pages, in the form of routine traffic analytics. You can choose not to be included in Google Analytics by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information that’s Shared to Protect DM & Comply with the Law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal and/or anonymous information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud, abuse or other criminal activity or harm, or to protect DM’s legal rights. For example, we may disclose collected information in response to a subpoena or court order, to defend a legal claim or establish or protect our legal rights or otherwise as permitted by applicable law.
Information that’s Shared in the Event of a Sale or Merger
We may transfer your information to a successor in interest, which may include but may not be limited to a third-party in the event of an acquisition, sale, asset sale, merger or bankruptcy. The policies applicable to your information thereafter may be determined by the transferee.
We employ procedural and technical safeguards to secure your personal information against loss, theft, alteration, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also employ security procedures to protect your information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company.
Regardless of the precautions we take, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your transactions on DM. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. These may include electronic newsletters, emails concerning new offerings, as well as new products and services. We may provide other marketing materials as a service to our users.
We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
Access to Your Information
To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please let us know and we will delete your account. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
At present, the Services do not specially respond to brower do-not-track signals.
Regardless of where our servers are located, your personal data may be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may or may not be to the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. BY VISITING THE WEBSITE AND USING THE SERVICES, YOU UNEQUIVOCALLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES OF ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED OR OBTAINED BY US THROUGH VOLUNTARY SUBMISSIONS, AND THAT U.S. LAW GOVERNS ANY SUCH COLLECTION AND PROCESSING.